Tummy Tuck Surgery in Pune
Tummy Tuck Surgery in Pune
What is a tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin and, in most cases, restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer.
A flat and well-toned abdomen is something many of us strive for through exercise and weight control. Sometimes these methods cannot achieve our goals.
Even individuals of otherwise normal body weight and proportion can develop an abdomen that protrudes or is loose and sagging. The most common causes of this include:
- Prior surgery
- Significant fluctuations in weight
- “Tummy Tuck” refers to the procedure called an “Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck.” An abdominoplasty is an operation designed to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen. It is also used to tighten the abdominal muscles which have become loose and weak with time. It can give you a tighter, flatter stomach and remove or reduce the appearance of stretch marks on your lower abdomen. The operation can remove folds of skin left behind after losing a lot of weight, and tighten stretched skin and muscles after pregnancy. Tummy tuck surgeryis not a treatment for weight control or a substitute for regular physical activity and a healthy, balanced diet. The results of a tummy tuck can be long lasting as long as you maintain a healthy weight after your operation.
- An abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck is a great option for those individuals who have gained an excess of fat and loose skin in the abdomen which cannot be treated with liposuction alone. Most patients are women who have had multiple children. In these cases, the muscles of the abdomen, which were weakened by pregnancy, can also be tightened. Many patients are also men who have had weight gain or weight fluctuations and would like to get rid of the excess skin and fat.
Techniques used for Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Standard abdominoplasty with umbilical re-positioning
- Standard Abdominoplasty with a “floated umbilicus”
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Circumferential abdominoplasty
Some patients may have relatively little excess skin and fat that may not be adequately treated by liposuction alone. In these cases, a “Mini” abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Proceduremay be a good option. In this procedure, less skin and fat is removed and less dissection is performed. The same incision for a “Full” abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck is used.
For those patients with a significant amount of skin and fat, a full abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck is needed. This operation also facilitates tightening of the abdominal muscles. Most patients seeking this operation would benefit from a full abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck at our world class center located at Delhi.
The exact procedure for each individual is determined only after a full examination and consultation is completed.
4D-VASER Tummy Tuck Tightening surgery
The 4D-VASER Lipo-abdominoplasty is simply VASER liposuction simultaneously coupled with anTummy tuck operation. All the previously described techniques of standard and mini-abdominoplasty apply, with the addition that VASER liposuction is performed first.
Why use VASER liposuction if you are having the excess fat and skin removed anyway with an abdominoplasty? Here is the explanation: During an abdominoplasty, the abdominal skin is elevated off the abdominal muscles, pulled down and excess skin and fat is removed from the lower portion of the skin flap. There is more to it than this, but this is a simplified explanation. The remaining abdominal skin is just as thick with fat as it was prior to the surgery, there is just less of it. Better contours are achieved by eliminating the redundancy of skin, and thus giving a tighter appearance to the abdomen. However, by not thinning the remaining skin, there will not be any improvement in muscular definition. Unless your skin is very thin and your muscles well developed, an abdominoplasty plastic surgeryalonewill give you a substantial improvement in contours but will be limited by the fact that the appearance will be very two dimensional – kind of like a sheet pulled flat down till taut. If you have thin skin and a well-developed musculature, then you will have more definition after an abdominoplasty naturally.
By performing 4D-VASER liposuction prior to abdominoplasty, the abdominal skin can be selectively thinned and shaped prior to abdominoplasty, leading to a more natural shape, with three dimensional contours, not just a flat panel of skin stretched down over the abdomen. In the vast majority of cases, VASER should be performed of the flanks as well, to give better contours to the trunk as an aesthetic unit of the body. Otherwise, the abdomen will look flat and sculpted with blunted, rounded borders where the flanks are unshaped. In some cases, adding VASER liposuction extended to the
flanks may even permit a standard abdominoplasty to give good results where otherwise an extended abdominoplasty (excising skin around the sides of the flanks) would be necessary.
Tummy tuck procedure steps
What happens during tummy tuck surgery?
Step 1 – Anesthesia
Medications are administered for your comfort during abdominoplasty tummy tightening surgery. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia.
Step 2 – The incision
A full tummy tuck procedure requires a horizontally-oriented incision in the area between the pubic hairline and navel. The shape and length of the incision will be determined by the degree of
Through this incision, weakened abdominal muscles are repaired and sutured while excess fat, tissue and skin is removed.
A second incision around the navel may be necessary to remove excess skin in the upper abdomen.
Step 3 – Closing the incisions
Sutures, skin adhesives, tapes or clips close the skin incisions.
Step 4 – See the results
Your abdominoplasty procedure will result in a flatter, firmer abdominal contour that is more proportionate with your body type and weight.
The final results may be initially obscured by swelling and your inability to stand fully upright until internals healing is complete.
Within a week or two, you should be standing tall and confident about your new slimmer profile.
Are tummy tucks safe?
There is another Tummy tuck procedurefor tightening known by the name Coolsculpting. This is a non-surgical procedure which makes use of the handheld device advanced technology to remove excess fat and destroy it. During coolsculpting procedure, the surgeon will make a diagnosis and review the operation site on the body while marking the area which you need to be removed. A protective gel pad is applied on the surface of the skin then the excess fat is removed by using coolsculpting applicator. During the entire treatment procedure, you will not feel pain, only some pressure and suction for the first few minutes of the procedure. So, the targeted area is applied numb to cold. The procedure takes approximate 60 minutes depending on the amount of fat which is to be removed. The treatment is so relaxed that the patient can read book, listen music etc. during coolsculpting.
Tummy tuck surgery may be appropriate for:
- Those who have loose or droopy skin around your stomach.
- If your self-confidence is marred by your stomach contour.
- In spite of being physically healthy with a stable weight, you have a disproportionate physical shape especially around your belly.
- If the shape of your abdomen has been affected by pregnancy or massive weight loss.
- Those who are done having kids and want to regain a good physical shape. It is important that there is no chance of another pregnancy since the muscles that are repaired through an abdominoplasty can isolate again during future pregnancy.
- Removing stretch marks or excess stomach fat that hasn’t responded to diet or exercise
- Those who have extra skin on your abdomen, abdominal muscle weakness, or both; left behind due to aging, heredity, pregnancy, prior surgery or weight fluctuations
- A significant amount of intra-abdominal fat surrounding your internal organs, need to slim down before considering a tummy tuck.
- Those who have had previous tummy tightening surgery that may have affected Internal or external scars
Tummy tuck recovery
Following your surgery, dressings or bandages may be applied to your incisions, and you may be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a compression garment to minimize swelling and to support your abdomen as it heals.
Tummy tuck operation cost in Pune
A Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty, is a procedure that removes the excessive skin and fat from the lower abdomen. It also tighten the muscles of abdomen for a smoother and firmer body shape.
Average cost of tummy tuck and liposuction
The estimate total price of tummy tuck can vary between INR 70, 000 to 1, 70, 000 or more depending upon the below mentioned factors:
- Surgeons experience: Tummy tuck cost is affected by someprominent factor in the following ways: The overall cost depends upon the best outcome in the supervision of an ace board-certified surgeons whose price is inclusive of the skills which will be comparatively more depending upon their experience and expertise.Reputation of the Surgeons among patients, plays a vital role which affects their popularity and subsequent fees
- Complexity of your surgery: As the Tummy tuck procedure can be anyone amongst mini, full or extended which impact the extent and the complexity of the procedure along with the procedure cost. Mini-tummy tuck cost less due to less complexity than the full tummy tuck also a partial abdominoplasty is higher on price that full abdominoplasty. On the other hand we have cost price differences from procedures to procedures depending upon the type and complexity as skin removal will be less in cost than tightening of the muscles.
- Combined or single procedure:When the tummy tuck surgery is performed in conjunction to the other procedures like liposuction conjunction for better outcomes then there will be increase in the cost procedures.
- Anesthesia: In addition the separate charges including Anesthesia and anesthesiologists will add up to the tummy tuck abdominoplasty cost.
This will also vary with the charges of the surgery performed under local anesthesia and general anesthesia. Thesurgery performed under local anesthesia will be less on overall costs as compared to a surgery done under general anesthesia.
- Need of surgical assistant: The cost of the surgical procedure will be extended in some cases with the inclusion of the surgical assistant for extended and full abdominoplasty procedure.
- Hospital stay charges: Hospital facility charges will also include in the aggregate total charges in case surgical procedures requires the patient to stay overnight.
- Other costs: Sometimes preoperative tests and compression garments become necessary for the recovery period duration to minimize his pain and discomfort that will add up to the final cost.
But whatever surgical procedure in tummy tuck at Delhi your Surgeon decide upon in consultation and counselling you are always advised to choose the best plastic surgeon for tummy tuck that will make sure you get the best outcome in weight loss initiative irrespective of his charges